Caveat Lector!

*Caveat Lector!: The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or of the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Three-Chaa-yen Day

Today (Monday, February 18) was definitely a three-chaa-yen day, by which I mean that I was driven to drink three giant Thai iced-teas (each probably containing several hundred calories from the huge quantity of condensed milk and sugar they put in).  I know you’re wondering what drove me to double my total daily caloric intake.  There are generally three factors that contribute to how many Thai iced-teas and/or coffees I drink:  1) how hot it is, the answer to which is always: damn hot!; 2) how much sleep I’ve gotten the night before, the answer to which is generally: too little!; and 3) how interested I am in the training sessions, which can vary widely. 

So measuring today against the three aforementioned criteria: 1) it’s been one of the hottest days we’ve had so far, check; 2) I went to bed at 11 and got up at 4:30 to the call of the bird that has become the bane of my sleeping hours, check; 3) we spent the morning listening to a presentation about STDs, check.

One Thai iced-tea for each factor adds up to a three-chaa-yen day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sensing a theme here. Hope you're surviving the temps and early mornings. I'm going to buy you a rooster when you come home, just to prevent withdrawal symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, this sounds to me, someone who is dreading another hot summer in Michigan, like real torture. I hope you'll get used to the heat and grow somehow to like it. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us! We all miss you! toni

    ReplyDelete